Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK centre speaker upgrade

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Just wondering what upgrades enthusiasts have done to replace the centre speaker on 1st generation commodores (I don't want to hack into the dash pad)??? I'm looking to replace my entire system & rewire all the components, 4 inch speakers in the kick panels, 5 1/4 inch on the parcel-shelf, component tweeters in the dash (using modified factory Calais grills inserts) & thinking of an upgrade to the centre speaker. 4 x 50w amp, later model Eurovox (HSV) head deck (with different cassette flap), I am only going to amplify the rears & kick panel speakers, while tweeters & centre will run directly from the std head deck outputs, bluetooth adopter wired into the CD changer harness. Want it to remain "period correct".

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What I've got in my VC is just a 4" pioneer coaxial running straight of the headunit, both just cheap ex display units I got from work. I have the fader turner all the way over to counteract the fact that there is only one speaker, its works fairly well for what it is, but runs out of guts when the volume is way up. I listen to mostly metal too which probably doesn't help. Future plan I'm hoping to make some mounts to put a 6" coaxial under each of the front seats so they're hidden along with a slimline sub under there to help take the load.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
There is no centre speaker under the grille on a SL/E however I installed Bose 6" in the rear and JBL 3" in the front. The Bose went straight in and I was able to use the original grills to cover them. The fronts needed so modification to the mount but I was eventually able to cover them with the factory grille. Great sound and factory look, I was stoked!