Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Commodore Cup Car rear brake set up

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Has any one got a VK Cup Car they can post pictures of the rear brake set up, I believe they use a STD VB-VS front caliper on the rear with RDA/DBA 20 278x20mm (GP A) vented disc???

On paper it looks to be a "cost effective" way to greatly improve the rear brakes without the cost going to of GP A calipers or modifying handbrake for VT rear caliper & rotor setup?

By chance has anyone tried this on a road car with the VT front brake upgrade?

Cheers

ausca62

Corolla Racer
Reaction score
Website
www.rollaclub.com
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8 & VR equipe
Old post

Attachments

• received_232394554941832.jpeg
    received_232394554941832.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 179

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
There's no such thing as a "VK cup car" there was VK's that raced as cup cars.
I would speak to a few pedders stores on the phone as they used to deal with 6cyl cup cars. They made the suspension and certain stores fitted it so the old guys would know what brakes they were running on the VN/VS style shells which is the ones I remember seeing.
A VN system will work on a VK.
The pedders stores that were fitting the suspension likely know the brake places too as they had to get new cast knuckles for the falcons to homogenize the Falcon vs Holden cup cars.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I would speak to a few pedders stores on the phone as they used to deal with 6cyl cup cars. They made the suspension and certain stores fitted it so the old guys would know what brakes they were running on the VN/VS style shells which is the ones I remember seeing.
The pedders stores that were fitting the suspension likely know the brake places too as they had to get new cast knuckles for the falcons to homogenize the Falcon vs Holden cup cars.

Could you name a few pedders stores that would be good to ring....I know of 3 in S.A that have no idea about this stuff....It is mainly due to the stores changing staff more reguarly than people changing their jocks, because of how the franchises are run. :)

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Could you name a few pedders stores that would be good to ring....I know of 3 in S.A that have no idea about this stuff....It is mainly due to the stores changing staff more reguarly than people changing their jocks, because of how the franchises are run. :)

Yea probably one of the Melbourne stores.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Now were are getting into semantics aren't we? a VK that raced as a cup car would be a VK cup car!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
253 commodore cup car

Auscar

Never heard no farkin 6cyl commodore cup cars just hq racing/kingy series

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Slight deviation...I wonder what class @Smitty VK runs in? I think it has a mixture of late model commodore brake parts....So would be interesting to get his input

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo