Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Commodore How many out there

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Hey Everyone

Ive been a long time trawler on gumtree carsales and ebay for the old vk commodore. Ive noticed these days they seemt o be as rare as hens teeth. Does anyone know how mnay are still registered Australia wide. You even get more hits on Toranas and old hq's rather than vk commodores. Is it just everyone is at a stage where they are holding onto them and in years to come wehn they are worth more the amount for sale will pick up again ?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I think they might be all worn out.
Sold mine in the mid 90s.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I seem to find, when looking for cars like this, I go for a drive in the country, rather than scroll through Fleabay and scumtree...

Scumtree and Fleabay sellers, generally speaking, want to sell these types of cars and parts to fund their retirement....Going for a drive in the country doubles as a get away thing and you tend to find them sitting in paddocks and houses, and be able to pick them up cheaper....

Of course you can find bargains on those sites and not all sellers are after their retirement fund to be boosted, but it does seem to happen alot.

As for how many left, who knows? I know where 2 are in one persons yard.....1 is a genuine V8 Calais, that has been turned into a burnout car....It is a good straight rust free car, even prior to being transformed into a burnout car....The other one the owner is considering on turning that into a burnout car too.....So your guess is as good as mine

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I'm on a heap of different Facebook groups, there is heaps of VK's for sale on there.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
As above, I see VK's for sale everywhere. All variants of too. Just gotta keep a lookout. Doubt there's a great deal that are still on full reg. But there's plenty sitting in various shed, garages and paddocks around the country.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
You will see plenty VK's on CarSales.com.au, not so many original VB-VH's however, way rarer than VK.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
You will see plenty VK's on CarSales.com.au, not so many original VB-VH's however, way rarer than VK.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
I'm on a heap of different Facebook groups, there is heaps of VK's for sale on there.
What about holden 308 motors and blocks any good ones for sale im looking for one but once again seem rare on ebay and gumtree