Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk commodore Rochester quadrajet seems to be flooding

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Earlier model commodores had the same setup and ran ok without any regulators or electric pumps as mine is pretty standard. The fuel pump is a higher volume output but I would have thought the pressure would be the same as they are 2 different things. Anyways will test it this week and get back to everyone again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction I know what to look for. Also any way of testing needle and seat . Ie filling up fuel bowl or something ?
Pressure is the resistance to flow increase flow and pressure will increase.

Andrew Ivanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vk Commodore
Thanks vin999 I appreciate the feedback and I’m learning a lot by all the replies I have received back. It’s been a great help by everyone so far and has at least pointed me in the right direction.

Andrew Ivanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vk Commodore
Hey one more thing I forgot to ask. Does anyone have a schematic of where the vacuum lines in the quaddy are suppose to go or what each port actually controls ?
wouldn’t mind checking to make sure they are all correct also. Cheers

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Hey one more thing I forgot to ask. Does anyone have a schematic of where the vacuum lines in the quaddy are suppose to go or what each port actually controls ?
try any of these downloads for the manual, happy reading, a lot of black rubber lines.
http://www.dnt.com.au/downloads/vb-commodore-factory-service-manual
https://www.allcarmanuals.com/factory-service-manual-73-Holden-Commodore-Calais-VK.html

Andrew Ivanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vk Commodore
Cheers mate. I’m making a pressure tester for the needle and seat to see if it looses pressure. Would you know if I need to put fuel in the carb where the float is to test it ?

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
as others have mentioned, go get a fuel pressure test done, take your car to the carby builder and let him do the tests and see his work on your car, he should be able to sort the issues your having.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

try this ....

Ecwu0vWy_o.jpg