Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk commodores how many would be still out their

Anson reid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore sedan
How many vk commodores would be still out their over 36 years in total 135,704 were built or made when new , would like everyone's figures what would still be out their in total , are the worth collecting the vk commodores for the future

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I know getting parts for them are getting difficult...I only know of a couple of wreckers that have them....So my personal opinion, worth getting the parts for future

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
They certainly will be worth keeping, the v8 more than the six. Provided they are in reasonable condition There was a time when they were not worth much and as a consequence if they had been damaged or needed too much done in the way of engine repairs they would have been dumped.
I paid $3000 for my vh about 23 years ago and it was in reasonable condition. Have a look on car sales and note the asking price.
As for how many are left I think it would be impossible to find out but I couldn't imagine there are that many. Ask anyone who has one what it's like
to get parts.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I reckon that if an ex Holden worker sees one of them
Driving along they would be saying
" I helped build this great piece of Aussie History".
It makes me proud to be driving one.
Sad isn't it, they say all good things come to a end, if you look at the last 5 years on commodore sales in Australia then you understand why they left our shores, last years sales under 6k sold. CEO salary and cost of wages, electricity, gas, WorkCover, environment tax, greenhouse gas tax there no money to be had here, like most manufacturing cheaper to import than to make, unfortunately that means tens of thousands of job losses. VK was the best commodore of the 80s, VL was part Nissan so they don't count.

Anson reid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore sedan
Agree on that I'm a proud owner of a vk commodore restoring one ATM can not wait to hear it start up an go for a cruise

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Didn't ever like the square speedometer or no chrome bumpers.

Anson reid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore sedan
Have to agree on that one I didn't like it when hold it flat the needle would go all funny at 180 or the heat of the sun would bend it , wonder if anyone has put the chrome bumpers on of the vb , vc , vh still would look ok but they are rare to come across on the other models chrome bumpers , think they only put the plastic bumpers on to make it have to cool look I've even seen the vk plastic bumpers on the other models of commodore looks ok as well

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I reckon that if an ex Holden worker sees one of them
Driving along they would be saying
" I helped build this great piece of Aussie History".
It makes me proud to be driving one.
I'm an ex Holden worker who worked on the vb through to the vl and I would say " Do you have any idea how much lead went into those things because you were not allowed to use bog and how much asbestos was used to stop heat transfer from the oxy welder to weld up a hole punched through a panel by a spot welder. :rolleyes: