Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Conversion

M

MrVK85

Hey Guys, how ya all?

I recently bought a nice clean Holden VK commodore... standard 202 with an auto...
My sister's kid just wrote off his VL with this worked RB30 motor in it.
I'm wanting to buy the whole car as a wreck, but more to the point...can I put this RB30 motor into my VK?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MrVK85:thumbsup:

M

MrVK85

I'm not sure..............but weren't the Vk engines nissan engines too? Or was that only with the Vl?
Yes thats right. The VL had the nissan RB30 motor in it...From what I can tell, the floor pan on VK is different to the VL

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Hey Guys, how ya all?

I recently bought a nice clean Holden VK commodore... standard 202 with an auto...
My sister's kid just wrote off his VL with this worked RB30 motor in it.
I'm wanting to buy the whole car as a wreck, but more to the point...can I put this RB30 motor into my VK?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MrVK85:thumbsup:

You would be better off finding an RB30et and giving that to your VK.

I dont know what exactly you mean by 'worked', but theres not much 'working' that can be done to the RB30 without shoving a turbo on it as theres very little NA stuff available for modification.

But yeah you can put it in, but with a fair bit of modification I would think... I mean you obviously have access to the major parts you need from the VL, the engine, trans and gearbox. If ya have the wreck ya have the parts basically.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yes you can, all the driveline, K frame and suspension will bolt onto the VK's body, but I believe you also need the VL's front panel to bolt the radiator onto (or modify the inlet pipe on the radiator to fit it into the VK) and a return fuel line back to the tank for the EFI spec fuel setup, or maybe the VK's allready have that ready for the EFI 202?. I'm not sure. But yeah pretty easy swap, The V6 is the same theory but the V6 needs a quick trip to the engineers and I think you would get away with the RB30 as it's a "similar" motor

M

MrVK85

You would be better off finding an RB30et and giving that to your VK.

I dont know what exactly you mean by 'worked', but theres not much 'working' that can be done to the RB30 without shoving a turbo on it as theres very little NA stuff available for modification.

But yeah you can put it in, but with a fair bit of modification I would think... I mean you obviously have access to the major parts you need from the VL, the engine, trans and gearbox. If ya have the wreck ya have the parts basically.

Apparently this motor (RB30) came from a Highway Patrol car...Turboed and Extractors, Balanced and blueprinted... By all accounts, it's supposed to be a V8 Killer...