Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK cross dresser

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
I have ALWAYS deep in my heart wanted a NICE VC commy to baby and nurture and hug and squeeze till the day I die.:bow:

I know exactly how I want her to look, inside and out.:yeah:

Problem is that VC's are getting harder and harder to come by over here, especially rust free 6 cyl versions. The odd one pops up on the radar but turns out to be a crap 4cyl screamer or has more bog than swamp....:bang:

My project will require the fitting of a nice 3.8l v6 engine which will need an efi fuel pump and return fuel line.... which gets me thinking about an efi VK like my current daily driver which has a return fuel line... and no rust.... and straight panels....

So I was wondering

How hard would it be to backdate a VK to look like a VC??

Is it feasable to find another VK efi commy, remove all the plastic (bumpers trims etc and fit chrome bumpers, VC lights and grill??
Is the bonnet the same or does it have a different leading edge profile?

The end result would be a vk dressed as a VC and would reward me with a car body that is 5 years younger than what its pretending to be?

Thoughts

Thanks
Andrew

bacon-n-eggs

Tyre Frier
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shitbox, in need of a snail!!
Roofline is totally different, better off gettin a VH to do that, or just buy a VC. They go cheap over here in Adelaide, and for the money you would pour into the car to change it into a VC you could get a really nice one.

PRO:355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH
Yeah i agree with egg, finding a vh would be alot better. VK are quite different and yeas different bonnet.

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
cool thanks guys.

how hard is it to plumb in a return fuel line?

PRO:355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH
There not that hard to plump up. To the fuel tank i take it??

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Theres really no point getting a VH its just like a VK.. in body wise

You could try these parts to see if it does fit mate, just as a suggestion.

VC front panels <-- to fit lights / bonnet <-- migyt be a bit to big / grill and headlights.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
The VK has the rear quarter windows, which seems to be something which u couldn't 'remove'. Not sure about any other major differences tho.

The bonnet is different, and as the indicators and headlights are different u would also need to replace the fenders, and obviously the grill.

And if ur looking for a 100% look-a-like VC then the front apron would need to be changed aswell. I'm currently getting a VK one to put in my VH, coz the 2 holes in the front are a lot bigger, and as the VH has the small chrome bumper u can see the holes when the bumper is on, and personally I love it lol.

To remove the front apron u basically get something to cut metal, then cut the front of the apron off....then when it's off u should be able to easilly drill out the spot welds holdng the rest of it on, then put the new one on and join it up again. :)

A mate here in Pirie is selling a VC wagon.....I drove passed it and it looks immaculate. He wants $1500 for it I rekon.:thumbsup: