Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK daily

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
floor pan and chassis is fine have looked over it a few times.

the beaver panel is so bad because it had a tow bar on it, but that will be getting a whole new bit of plate so its not too much of a hassle
other than that i've showed all the rust in the pics, the paint on it is fine everywhere so i don't there to be any unforeseen rust problems but i will keep my eye out.

the only place where I'm worried about coming up is the panel in between the boot and rear window as i know vk's ALWAYS rust here.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
yerp. What about under the rubber on the boot?

VK's and VL's always rust out there as well.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
yeah the other body was rusted all along there, this one is fine though :) thank god.
anywhere else i should have a look while you're naming spots haha ?

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
alright will have a look tomorrow i think dad checked there though.
hopefully its not raining tomorrow so i can change the discs over and do the sway bar rubbers

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Took some photos of the repairs as promised, lighting isn't so good as its trying to rain but you get the general idea

IMGP0171.jpg

IMGP0170.jpg

IMGP0169.jpg

IMGP0172.jpg

IMGP0168.jpg

Now just have to swap the 2 cars around so i can weld the bum and sill, swap the discs and put everything in the engine bay.
oh...i also found half a news paper shoved into my air vent the bit where it first separates to each side of the car from 2006.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Thought it was high time for an update, also found my camera cable so i can upload some pics .
IMGP0192.jpg

so since the last update we took the windscreen out to get replaced and found it was all rusted away. So we swapped the cowl off my other vk and took the sides out of the windscreens to weld into place. Then was a small layer of spray putty just to make everything smooth.

IMGP0195.jpg

I also managed to get most of that glue off with a heat gun and some petrol :p, sounds odd but it worked

IMGP0193.jpg

and then came some paint, im happy with how it is...it does however need some clear on it. Also painted my grille because I think it looks better with the body colour instead of the silver, going to work out all my electrics this weekend getting the windscreen in tomorrow and then shes off for rego early next week .

This is how she stands at the moment.
11052011041.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Comin along good mate. You sure that trans cooler is gonna be big enuf?? lol

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Hahaha yeah thats what i said lol, it came with the 304 i got for my hj which will now likely end up in this after a rebuild lol.
dad insisted we chuck it on though :p