Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk dash lights

purplepeopleeater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
hey guys ive recentley resprayed my dash black and i swapped the globes from standard with monza red LEDs and they are actually much duller,and theorys?

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Did you test them before putting them in to check for brightness? In my VK the standard lights are dull as well, so im also going to have a guess at it could be the facia that could also be the problem? If none of the above, check that you wired the LEDS correctly, got the right voltage through them.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
didnt think you could get any duller than vk dash lights mine are crap, but id say the colour wouldnt help on the globes blocking the full amount of light getting through.

purplepeopleeater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
i have ordered leds from hong kong,there 4mm longer that standard globes so there closer to the dash and they are completly covered in leds so ill try them there like $10 for 4,yea was all working but i thought the leds were just dull in day i didnt test them at night cause i was in a rush to reasemble the dash

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I brightened my dull VH dash up with white T5 LED's from the LED shop.http://www.ledshoponline.com/automot...board_bulb.htm
I used the 3X3050 T5's. They have 3 LED's on the one stick. Fit straight into the standard wedge socket, and I would say it has at least doubled the brightness of my dash and it's now a white light instead of dull orange

from memory the VK uses the larger T10 type socket, which gives you a bit better range to choose from. But I'm very impressed with the ones I bought. I'm slowly replacing all the dash bulbs including the clock backlight, switches etc.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Also if its any help, I once redid all the dash switches and speed alert LEDs in the VS. $2 a LED for some super bright red or blue ones. Chucked in a resistor so we didnt blob the LEDs Mind you, you should not use Super brights. At night its absolutely blinding. So if your pretty good with a soldiering iron you could give that a go.

Ill be buying another dash soon to try some ideas and getting better lighting and do up a DIY eventually. But im just running off some ideas for you now.