Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk dash lights

D

dale751

hey lads, ive got really weak dash light on my vk , how do u get in there to replace the bulbs with stronger 1nz. cheers guys...

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
The dash lights are pretty dim standard, from factory they are a 3w. There are 2 things you can do.
On the globes there are a coloured sock you can remove the sock which will help things a little.
Next if thats not good enough you can install 5w globes which will brighten things up except you will need to beef up the tracks on the intrument cluster else they will burn out from the extra current draw.

cheers
Scott

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
sorta had that question but has any one been able 2 make the dash lights on there vk blue?

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
a few guys here or on the calaisturbo forum have done the blue dash light mod, do a search

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh im thinking of looking into blue dash lights aswell, my standard 1's are really dim, with my stereo and my tacho, it almost makes it hard 2 see

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
ive one the blue light thing and to be honest it makes it real hard to read. I managed to find/collect enough blue sleeves for the lights from old high beam warning lights to do my dash and as the lights were dim to start with it just made it worse. In hindsight the only other way was to do as VKcalais said and to get stronger bulbs and you can get blue ones too from repco/supercheap etc .... good luck

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh i was going 2 get some led 1's off a friend

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
sirVkcalais said:
sorta had that question but has any one been able 2 make the dash lights on there vk blue?
you can do as nizmovk suggested or you can buy the sleeves from repco, autobarn, supercheap etc.
If your going to do it, buy higher wattage bulbs, beef up the tracks on the cluster & changed the sleeves

cheers
scott