Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk diff??!!

black_84vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK SL (M4)
well heres the thing, ive got my vk in the garage and im going to do a motorkhana in it. The problem is that it still has a single spinner in it.
can some one tell me weather an lsd diff center will fit in the current housing?
and if anyone has one.. lets talk :D.
cheers
bryce

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
which diff is it? the VK came with 3 options, & with a few gear ratios lol

black_84vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK SL (M4)
ahhh yeh i spose thatd help :bang:
the build plate says
eng: L16
trans:MC6
axle:GU5

thanks anybody who knows

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
GU5 means it has the 3.23:1 borg warner diff (if it still has the original). I got a few LSD's to suit them, one I want $200 for which is in good condition, the other I'm not sure on the condition, looks ok tho, want $150 for that one.

Someone has already put a deposit on the $200 one, but they haven't paid up yet (he was suppose to pay a few days ago). If ur interested in it I'll get onto the other bloke, and if he doesn't pay up or get back to me it will be for sale again.

I only have the centres. So u use ur gears, and just get the centres changed over.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
another option may be to find a VL V8 diff which is a 4spider 28spline unit (the VK only had a 2spider 25spline center). then fit the center into your diff with your gears. get the VL axles shorted (the VL diff is 12mm wider overall) and then fit the VL center with a minispool. perfect.

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
another option may be to find a VL V8 diff which is a 4spider 28spline unit (the VK only had a 2spider 25spline center). then fit the center into your diff with your gears. get the VL axles shorted (the VL diff is 12mm wider overall) and then fit the VL center with a minispool. perfect.

Trouble is if you can find one you'll pay through the nose for it.

black_84vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK SL (M4)
thanks for all the help guys, but could one of you tell me if this center will fit in my current housing...

BORG WARNER FORD FAIRLANE LSD DIFF - eBay Axle Parts, Transmission, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-Jun-09 20:06:40 AEST)

if you cbf opening the link heres what the add says:

USED BORG WARNER LSD CARRIER CASE 2 pinon 25 spline. This LSD carrier centre is used to replace your single spinner carrier centre once its been fitted then you have a LSD diff. This will fit bogwaner diffs that have 25 spline axles. This was taking out of a family sedan and look to be in very good condition. This will be sent by registered post only.

thanks again for the help

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Yep that will fit. And if u don't end up winning it, PM me coz I got one for sale too. :thumbsup: