Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Dizzy

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
Hi guys
A few threads back I asked how to adjust my ignition timing and Slim told me how to. I did this and now it is going very very good.
Thanks a lot Slim.
Anyway, I have a black motor that has a blue motor distributor and anything else necessary but it still has the stock VK carby in it. The VK carby doesn't have a vacum port for the spark advance and mine is just connected right up to the manifold.
So, I was just wondering, on commodores with blue motors where the distributor connects up to the carby, is full manifold vacum applied to the spark advance system?
Thanks guys

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Is the blue dizzy line connected as the vaccum advance system.. yes "spark? must be a black motor thing"

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Ok Hook up the vac advance the same as a VH, see the attached diagram you will need a 40deg C TVS for the engine block, 104deg C TVS mounted in the thermostat housing or head also a 15degc TVS in your air cleaner.

Basically is the coolant temp is above 104deg full vacume advance is allowed, if the air intake temp is above 15deg ported/restricted advance is allowed, if its below 15deg but the bloc is above 40deg it will also allow ported/restricted advance but if the block is below 40deg then vacume advance is not allowed.

cheers
Scott

Attachments

• smVH - L4 Vac hoses 6-6 copy.jpg
    smVH - L4 Vac hoses 6-6 copy.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 716

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
Sorry Goon,
When I say spark advance, I mean the vacum advance. (I'm a bit used to the terms used with really old cars).

So, Scott, having the vacum advance connected directly to the manifold isn't a good thing.

It is actually accerating very good, I just noticed how it was connected last time I was working on it and was just asking.

Thanks for the help.