Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[202] vk efi

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
is their much you can do to one other than plugs leads and oil.
like what mior things can you do to a vk 202 efi

thanks

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
well, firstly don't write in red.. lol.. secondly you could give the engine a clean using some head cleaner or something like that, new filters. are we looking at it on the cheap or can i suggest a re-build???

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got bored so im like ima make it some different colour so i just clicked any :)
nah i dont want a rebuild just seems like a waste scince ide porobly sell it half way thru next year anyway.
yeh n filter what elsee?

Mad-Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
cbr600f4i
the one i had many years ago, i had it rebuilt, bolted on a toyota 4 cylinder supercharger, was low boost, but gave it a big kick, adjust the fuel rate, 2.5 inch strait through sports exhaust, manaul valved traumatic. cold air intake. worked a treat.

i suggest, you clean teh throttle body, clean up all the connections on the computer etc, make sure the computer is dry, vks leaked down the window right through the left kick pannel were the computer is. they came with extractors standard. maybe ram air, and a high flow filter.

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i want to do something like the 'diy cold air induction' cbf finding the link im sure uve all seen it.
but insteard of going thru the body of the car run a pipe with a wider mouth on it into the grill. then put a k&n or simmiliar pannel filter.. also new plugs and plug leads got the extractors and a redback exhaust.. 2 inch tho. rekkon i should go that extra half inch? i dunno
i cant get the charger cos of p plater laws..
what do u mean ajust the fuel rate? also manaul valved traumatic?? sorry noob questions lolol

thanks and happy new yyears

Mad-Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
cbr600f4i
coz i added teh super charger = more air, i needed more fuel into it too, so had to up the fuel pressure too. dont need to do that with out the super charger.

trimatic 3 speedo auto, aka traumatic, can be modifeid to handle a lot of power, manual valved, was it not shifting by it self, you have to put it up a gear manually for it to change, hold it into gear for as long as you like then.

yeah basic mods, are bigger air flow in, via the cold air induction, air scoop.. and more out, a bigger exhaust, 2.5 was very loud mind you, i wouldnt go any bigger than that, i think standard is 1.75 or 2" anyway, i cant remember, it was a long time ago...

make sure everything else is in good order, good spark, good fuel and you be right... change the fuel filter too..

the real question is, its not speed you should be worried about, its keeping that speed, via handling, driver skill etc ;-)

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah well i dunno if i mentioned or not but when i brought the car it hasnt been driven in 7-10 years and scine then all its done is a trip to vic roads and back and it just feels real sick and takes its time to go into 2nd so it needs a good run and a good tune, ill just leve the exhaust system its a 2 inch ill get the new plugs and leads cos basically dad told me he would get me them :)
amd a fitler and air induction.
i dont know if you have herd of this product but you run it thru the engine and it cleans the injectors and everything i think i will get that ran thru it.

Mad-Biker

Reaction score
Members Ride
cbr600f4i
id be replacing everything in the car then, it might need a tune, but these had very little tunability, their is a fuel mix ratio on the afm i think, , seals perrish over that long with out being used. gaskets as well for that matter,

id do brake fluid, oil, radiator coolant, transmission oil, engine oil, filters, air, fuel, oil,

other than that, it might just need cob webs blown out of it.

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
well i got a whole new brake system to pass road worthy.. i did radiator coolant but i want to do it again.. and it has a new fuel filter.
for air and oil what fiters do u reccomend ?

and how do i dump all the fluids to replace them? from having it in my back yard,
ive done engine oil once but that was at work experiance..

any oils you reccomend?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
i use castrol 20-50, it takes about 3 1/3L (please verify) and super cheap and many other places have the book with all the filters for the car, make sure you get a EFI filter.

there is no point going for a really expensive oil like royal purple unless you have a 5 gazillion horsepower 202