Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk efi

davesmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Hey revheads just putting a 6 cyl vk efi setup onto our streety speedway car and the head thats on the engine is from a carby black engine . My question is i noticed on the injection that it has abit removed from around the injectors in the manifold and do i have to mod the head to suit ?
Also tips on hooking up the computer ,is there anything that can be done to it to improve as in rev limit etc or sould i get an after market computer . Told by a dyno tunner that a F10X haltech would be great and bring the efi alive .
So if there is anyone out there that may have one to part with let me no.

Dave

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Just block up the old exhaust gas recycling ports on the carbie head.
No revlimiter on the Bosh Jettronic system its an analog computer
Either look at a OEM Delco computer from a V6 and retune it or a Haltec would be fine I ran an E6x on my 202 VK now running a 5L.

cheer
sScott

davesmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Just block up the old exhaust gas recycling ports on the carbie head.
No revlimiter on the Bosh Jettronic system its an analog computer
Either look at a OEM Delco computer from a V6 and retune it or a Haltec would be fine I ran an E6x on my 202 VK now running a 5L.

cheer
sScott

Hey Scott its not the gas ports its the inside of the manifold at the injectors . Looks like it will squirt fuel straight at the top of the inlet port of the head.

davesmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Hooked up the efi all stock , fuel pump working have power by the test light but have no spark at the plugs any help guys

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Spark on stock efi setup is totally independant to fuel injection so you cant blame that ..stock vk efi uses a garden variety blue motor high energy distributor and coil ...vk stock dizzy uses a est computer...not sure if you can run a est dizzy with its computer and efi one too at the same time .....

davesmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
Fixed the spark problem and then found that the computer has corroaded inside obviuosly was sitting in water at some stage . Also the tacometer relay is only drawing 2 volts and not drawing the relay open so getting another puter tomorrow.