Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK front wheel woes

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've had whiteline adjustable on mine for about 4 years, plenty solid, the rubber in the plate is the problem, urethane does much better

The rubber plate is what I was referring to, with it being flimsey.....Factory and aftermarket....The only benefit with aftermarket is the adjustablility

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Pics of the K frame end. It looks straight. The bush retainer is distorted though.
that looks like someone put a fresh weld over a cracked factory weld, probably done when car hit something like curb or pothole pretty hard

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
The kframe looks normal, the bushes has large washers on both sides on the radius rod into kframe. You mentioned front large washer was bent, could be from rattle gun over use and from worm rubber or even crushed inner tube from the curb hit or from a previous front end crash on that side.

What size wheels/tyres are you running and did you make changes to strut mount bushes when lowering or lifting height.

pushingMACH8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VK Calais
The kframe looks normal, the bushes has large washers on both sides on the radius rod into kframe. You mentioned front large washer was bent, could be from rattle gun over use and from worm rubber or even crushed inner tube from the curb hit or from a previous front end crash on that side.

What size wheels/tyres are you running and did you make changes to strut mount bushes when lowering or lifting height.

Rego history shows it was in 2 accidents 20 odd years ago. I can tell that the passenger side guard and front door have been replaced and the front apron has been replaced and or straightened in the past. So I think the washer being bent is from this.

Running 16 inch wheels, R16/60s. It had what I assume were super low springs in it because of way too much camber. Struts are in original position. I did change the top mount position in an attempt to improve the camber before I put new standard springs in.