Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK fuel pump

squiblex

UNSEEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
i need to drop the tank anyway to get the other half of the sendr out an clean the tank cause its been sittin around for the last 3 years an the fuel looks a little bit blacker than usual, how hard ar the external pumps to hook up do i need to run new wires or can i just use the same wires that are there for the in tank pump?? are the senders the same for the 6 an 8 cause i cant find one for a v8 un less there the same noones got one, the main thing i need is the sender unit mine broke in a few bits, the in tank pump is prob fine though just need a new mount sender thing for it..

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
im pretty sure the senders themselves are the same, but the (vk) V8's all have the intank pump attachment. i havnt really looked into the differences TBH

this is a crudded up 6 cylinder that went straight in the bin:
100_1725.jpg

the only thing you will need to check is the resistance on the sender itself. if the resistance is the same, then the sender is the same. i can imagine that holden changed senders for 8's cos' they dont have much imagination.

hooking up the pump isnt all that hard, but i had a few issues with priming(filling up the fuel bowls after it has been sitting for a while), so instead of using the tachometric relay, i just bypassed and have it set on ignition 'on'. it means if i ever have an accident i am pretty much guaranteed to die in a ball of fire.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
[jonnoo];1795579 said:
Like ari said get a carter pump and hook it up like those ;)

9893b723.jpg

its on the tonner.
right next to the tank where the tray screws onto..

the persion doing out brake and fuel lines said its the perfict spot

squiblex

UNSEEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
hey cheers for the help, i bought a vk 6 sender an float thing it fits but the fuel gauge doesnt work lol ill figure that out later, i found out that intank pump is just a primer pump an thats why its so small an i should of had a mechanical pump on it lol so i just went out an bought the other senderr unit an an aftermarket external pump cost me $109 its not a holly but some pump from new zealand it has 3 to 4 psi an doesent require me to put the mecanical pump back on, worked killa as car started within seconds lol i dont kno how v8s are ment to run spesh an old one but it goes ape #### lol revs up quicker than my v6, so im wonderin weater that what the guy said bout the stage three heads an cam is true haha

squiblex

UNSEEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
lol whys that is 3 psi not enough?? it doesnt starve for fuel though, an it idles fine..

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

squiblex

UNSEEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 308
wat should i do then ?? get another pump with a higher psi??
wat psi should it be runnin at?? could i just but anouther one the same an run two of them??

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR