Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Getrag 290 pedal box??

JcugnoVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Hi guys in need of advice / assistance!

I've pulled out the efi 202 in my VK and have sourced a 304 from a VS series III with a getrag 290.

Just wondering what you guys think about pedal boxes? I have the pedal box from the VS and I've heard they're worth a heap of $$

Has anyone tried fitting one of these pedal boxes in a early girl? Or better to get a VL hydro box?

Thanks guys your wisdom is much appreciated!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Go with vl setup nearly bolts straight on to firewall...would need to check Clutch & slave cylinder sizes match so it works nicely

Hope you got front half of tailshaft as need slip yoke if you want to working speedo with crs speedo box/cable also stop intermittent fault codes

Bolt front half vs s3 tailshaft to your original rear half

Either mod factory trans member if you can weld/fabricate or buy aftermarket th700 job from dellows etc

Then just needs plate in tunnel to support shifter...done!!!

The vs hydraulic pedal box can sell for $300-$500...I'd wait untill you've finished conversion before selling it just in case need it to reference or parts.

JcugnoVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Hi thanks for the response!

When I bought the conversion the tailshaft came with it, so all good there. Will try to join the two together.

I'm gonna try and get a VT 5.0 dash in the thing until I can afford enough to buy a full set of autometer gauges

As for the cross member, I've been told that using a turbo 400 trans mount with a piece of 25*50mm rhs for the support, so I'll give that ago, already bought the mount. I'm sure I'll find a way to support the shifter, probably do something like in the VTs with two 10mm Bolts on the tunnel.

I'm bidding on a VL hydro box now on eBay, so hopefully tomorrow I'll win that. Then just gotta do some research and find a slave to suit. I've never played with a hydro system before, so if anyone knows of a slave that will work with my combination, share the love!

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
No need to get spendy dude or complicate a simple conversion...vt dash not needed & complete headfcuk

vk water & oil senders screw straight into efi 5l..use/keep original gauges.
crs sell speedo drive box(takes signal off ecu) that has cable to spin factory vk speedo

or easiest way buy gps speedo that plugs into ciggie lighter $50(ebay) or $100(jaycar) then stick it to dash/windsreen.

From memory getrag mount & probably th700 mounts are already flat...th400 mount is used when buying crs/tuff mount crossmembers?????????

With Slave cylinder or clutch master a brake joint can work out what matches if you can find vs s3 specs ratio...my torrie was way different/wrong using dellows clutch master & a heavily modded EH slave cylinder new sleeve/correct piston...used braided line to join them...bundy line would have been neater.

JcugnoVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
I actually don't have a cluster for the thing. And I'm not a big fan of the square VK cluster, my things got calais everything so has the digital cluster, but it blew when I was driving and I snapped the indicator stalk, so something must of short. Killed the dash. Down the track I'll make a custom autometer cluster. I was gonna use a vt cluster with the plugs and then splice the wires in with my cluster loom.

Some guy I'm talking to on Facebook said the th400 repco code mt8008 and a piece of rhs. Will give it a go!