Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Grp A clutch

58rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS Grp A
I am rebuilding my VK GrpA Brockie and I have a problem with the clutch. The car was completely stripped but I wasnt the one who disconnected the clutch at the gearbox, (this car has a cable operated clutch, I believe standard road cars with manual boxes had a hydraulic clutch). Anyway I have had the box recoed and put in a new cable but I find that the peddle is all loose and I feel that there must be a return spring at the clutch somewhere but the guy who pulled it apart says there wasnt one. but to get the slack out of the peddle it would appear that there has to be a spring there. Can anybody help, please.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Now, AFAIK, all VK SS Grp As are a cable clutch, with the M21 aussie 4 speed manual gearbox.

Sounds like the cable needs adjustment also, there is a spring on the clutch pedal, maybe thats off.

58rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS Grp A
cheers but the clutch peddle/spring has not been out of the car. the spring is not broken either.

58rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS Grp A
is there an online parts manual I can view??

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
cheers but the clutch peddle/spring has not been out of the car. the spring is not broken either.
When the clutch cable is released, it only takes a small amount of movement of the pedal to dislodge the spring. The spring usually hooks onto the pedal, at the end, there is a hook. It sorta keeps the cable hooked up really.

As for an online parts manual, there isn't one. A member might have one, take a pic or scan for you.

58rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS Grp A
Cheers for that. I have been thinking about it and I think it's all about adjustment. I hope so anyway.