Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk HDT 19" replica wheels

bwaitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VR Senator 215i , 6 speed manual
I have just purchased a set of " VK " HDT Replica 19" Aeros from HDT in Brisbane with the intention of fitting to my Brock Group A replica .
On endeavouring to fit them , to what is a stock VK disc brake front end , I find that they will not fit as the off set causes the tyres [ 245/40 ] to make contact with the towers . in addition the original studs appear too short .
As I'm not a mechanics bootlace , the above may confirm my lack of knowledge .
Any advice , as to sorting this or similar problem, would be very much appreciated .
Perhaps I have opened up a can of worms and will need to start again .
In anticipation .
Many thanks .
Barry .

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Wheel were probably on much bigger vt/vz or ve/vf commodore as usually sold with smaller tyres to clear struts on smaller older cars.

Still may need to add spacer but also wheel nuts for that thing can be bought on ebay.

Proper way would be to just get coilovers & vt brake conversion if really want to open can of worms :D

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
wheel were probably on much bigger vt/vz or ve/vf commodore as usually sold with smaller tyres to clear struts on smaller older cars.
Still may need to add spacer but also wheel nuts for that thing can be bought on ebay.

Proper way would be to just get coilovers & vt brake conversion if really want to open can of worms :D

:D

note... wheel spacers are illegal on road cars in every state in Australia

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Tyres tooooo big/wide hitting spring base on strut and will have issues in rear scrapping.
You can get longer wheel studs and press/fit on

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Also, given the rims are fitted with VE spec tyres, has HDT sent you VE spec rims rather than 1st gen spec rims ?

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
Can you still get the 19inch group a rep wheels, i was told there out of stock ?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Think 19's were originally through HDT & the 20's another suppler/maker like 20 inch walkies,vs clubbies & vl calais rims?

Smitty having 19's on an early just as illegal or enough to void insurance

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
These are 15" hdt aero's on my vk with SL king springs and koni red shocks and with vt brake upgrade. Tyres are 225/60R15. IMHO on early girl commy's 15's look way better even 16" or 17" but once you start going 18" and up I just don't think they suit the early commy look but each to their own :cool:

Attachments

• 15 inch hdt aero rims vk commodore.jpg
    15 inch hdt aero rims vk commodore.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited: