Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK ls1 Turbo

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
Hey this is my new vk. I bought it off a mate from brissy. I have some big plans for her.
it ran a 12.3 a few years back when my mate took it down the strip with the 355 in it.

Engine: Ls1 turbo conversion GT42
Steam pipe custom manifolds
50mm waste gate
Fast fuel rails
60lbs injectors
1/2 teflon speedflow fuel lines and fittings ( E85 ready)
3.5LT surge tank
Twin 044 fuel pumps
Heaps of shiny ****
Either rebuilding the ls1 i have with fordge internals or buying a 383 from SRE in the not to distent future

Tranny: turbo 400 shift kitted and 3000rpm stall

Diff: 9" minispooled (unsure of ratio) Changing to a true trac soon

Rim. simmons FR20 copies

Future mods include:
Respray hole car
Finsh smoothing bay ( has been welded up)
hsv brake upgrade

512.jpg

5111-1.jpg

516.jpg

514.jpg

Last edited:

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
nice vk mate, looks pretty tough. your future plans sound good, keep us posted with them

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Nice car love a white over silver calais .

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
interesting choice of intake manifold for a 355. also i noticed you typed "delete silver"...? is that true? looks beautiful as is, personally i would leave it.

You say interesting choice of manifold for 355. what do you mean. is it no good . i am new to the world off carby motor's and aussie v8's. i have only really played around with ls1's. what manifold do you suggest ari666. i think the carby is a 750 with the silver i like it but i like the looks of GP3 SS (SC car of the year finalest) better and thats the look i am going for.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
the carby i can only guess, but its got a metal fuel line on the drivers side (you can see it poking its head out under the air cleaner) which will mean its a holley of some kind. but the manifold is a performer, which will do the job fine, but seems very restrictive for a stroker. i dunno, could be just me i guess. i suppose if its only got a baby cam itll be fine, but personally i would be looking at a redline torker for a 355. single plane and makes your inlet runners a much better length for bigger rpms. seems like a bit of a waste going for extra cubes then not using them.

and dont get me wrong, im not critisisng this car at all. looks really neat and clean (except the monster tacho, lol, rip that **** off) id love to own to own it :D

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
nice looking VK mate, i know the whole *colour* over silver is a VL/K thing but i like your idea of going white all over, i reckon it will look good

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
the carby i can only guess, but its got a metal fuel line on the drivers side (you can see it poking its head out under the air cleaner) which will mean its a holley of some kind. but the manifold is a performer, which will do the job fine, but seems very restrictive for a stroker. i dunno, could be just me i guess. i suppose if its only got a baby cam itll be fine, but personally i would be looking at a redline torker for a 355. single plane and makes your inlet runners a much better length for bigger rpms. seems like a bit of a waste going for extra cubes then not using them.

and dont get me wrong, im not critisisng this car at all. looks really neat and clean (except the monster tacho, lol, rip that **** off) id love to own to own it :D

thanks mate i will look into getting one asap. Cam seem's to but fairly lumpy. Yea monster tacho is a bit much ay lol but i have to leave it there until my electronice dash is fixed cause i dont have a speedo either atm

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
nice looking VK mate, i know the whole *colour* over silver is a VL/K thing but i like your idea of going white all over, i reckon it will look good

yea if it never had the body kit on it i would leave it silver. but white will look good with 18" black 5 spoke rims and polished lip

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
bit of a update had it tuned the other day and my tuner reckons the motor is pretty tierd. so its coming off the road for a full rebuild and new paint . not sure of motor combo yet . starting to lean towards a ls1/2 or 3 conversion be way cheaper then building a big 355. and other ideas use have for a motor combo feel welcome to put them out there cause i am having mixed feelings atm lol