Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK ls1 Turbo

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
LS1 conversions are very pricey, not to mention would you not rebuild the ls engine before it goes in and therefore spend just as much if not more ?
to be honest im not really a fan of the ls engines they seem to be the latest fad everyone wants one in their older car, the old 308's and 304 injecteds go very hard if you get the right engine combo's and from what i've seen have a much better power and torque curve compared to the ls1.

if it was a daily id say all for the ls1 because apparently they do good on fuel with large power, just my 2 cents though :)

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
LS1 conversions are very pricey, :)

so is building a 500hp 355 and that the sort of power i am looking for. I know what sort of money i am in for and thats fine. its not a daily driver. the ls motors are pretty much limitless with what you can do with them and fairly reliable too. my old blown ss never had a problem with the motor the hole time i owned it (6 years). in saying that you cant beat the sound of a bombed up 355. the motor in it is a old storked 308. so either way i really have to buy a newer motor be it a vt 5lt block and build something for there or a ls engine. i think if i go towards ls engines i will put a side mount on it and keep the motor pretty standard.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
do you have any decisions on n/a or forced induction ?
a lot of guys are running turbo'd standard stroke 5l these days and getting around 300rwkw with a t04z setup without too much difficulty if you wanted something slightly different might be the way to go, im just a bit bias towards the 5L :p as i love the sound of them and hate the ls engines haha ^_^

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
i agree with ya there about the sound of a aussie 8. can't beat it. yea injected turbo setup is another option i guess.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Turbo is also going to give you a bit more fuel efficiency :p not that that's really a factor when you're building a 500hp engine haha, no matter which way you go mate will love seeing the progress on here :)

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol fuel will be the least of my worry's it will only get driven once in a blue moon because I work away. Yea mate should be a nice project. Will start hopefully next month once settlement on this other house goes through then I will have a nice big shed for her.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Will it be street legal having a forced induction ls motor in an.older car in queensland. I could be wrong but i thought i herd somewhere. Personally i would stick to the 5l. My mate works at dc engines and they get some good power from the 5ls hey.

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea will be regod. I will look into it bit more. had a chat to mike at Ktmr today his doing a ls1 - vk conversion soon for someone so i will see how that goes

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blows abit of smoke as ****. He seems to think it might have a fair few km's on it