Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Manuals

Hgprem01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
I have now got VK commodore parts catalogue text and illustrations. PN M39103 and M39479A.

I recieved a illustration of the heater box from a forum.

It has 2A-12 Ventilation & Heating as the title for the page.

It describes the vacum lines, their lengths, bolt size etc and descriptions of parts.

Dose anybody know the part number of this manual?

If so, dose anybody know of one for sale.

Regards
Matt

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
The manual you seek is the VK service manual suppliment.

I have one at home and have scanned a fair amount of the pages, if you require specifics I can scan them for you.

Else the manuals do come up on ebay from time to time these have are generally been liberated from service departments.

Reprints of them are available fro The Pitstop book shop, I have purchased books from them previously and been happy with their service. I dont know the quality etc of the reprints compared to the originals

cheers
Scott

VksupaNoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk sl
library?

i got my vk service manual from the library... in brizzie we can search on their website for the books and hold them..
but yer i am not taking mine bak ;)
try ur library bud.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
That is the one i refered to, Pitstop state "This authorised reprint of a genuine Holden factory Service Manual" so it spears to be the right one. It is also in hardcover, mine are the original softcover genuine holden ones the cover picture is different.

I would say as long as the contents are the same it should be fine. It should have colour wiring diagrams in the back.

I have the factory HQ manuals, VB, VC, VH, VK manuals & suppliments including the VK parts book, GU5 LSD manual, M76 rebuild manual, VN V6 & 5L manuals (vols 3 &4) VR gearbox manual (vol 5) and an assortment of other manuals.

My HQ manuals are new reprints the print quality in my opinion isnt the best but try to buy original ones so im not complaining :) I mainly purchased them for the gearbox rebuild info for the M2x series boxes.
I have mainly picked them up from mechanics I know who didnt want them, swap meets, ebay for a few of the commodore ones, also another book dealer chris's auto books (ebay shop)
I have found chris to be very honest and excellent to deal with.

Last week I purchased a 300zx manual set from Pitstop and the books took 18 hours to come from WA to North of Sydney. Their service was amazing. They use Australian Air express to send them, I have sent hundreds of parcels through them previously and never had a single fault.

The books have ranged in price from $20 for my VK set (3 manuals) up to around $45ea for the later Holden ones. In my view each manual has paid for itself some serveral times over.

cheers
Scott