Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Mods

VK6CYL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 6CYL 5SP
Hey all, Due to my "Dissregard for the speed limit" as i like to put it, i now cant drive for 3 months :( however, that gives me 3 months to play with the engine in my car :) so ive got it out and plan to rebuild it, ive decided to go for some triple SU carbs and now im here for some ideas on what else to do.
I was thinking something along the lines of a cam and pistons but want to know about anything else worth doing? Its a black 202 5sp manual and currently the only change from stock is the pacemaker headers and 2.5 exhaust system. so all ideas are welcome :) cheers, Joe

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
A nice hot cam should do nicely, but ya dont want it too hot, because I know a bloke who had a torana XU1 with tripple webbers and a cam so hot that ya had to hold it at 3000rpm just to keep it goin n thats on the flat. a good set of extractors makes good power n a good note too. and should probably think about roller rockers.

I run a blue motor 202 with a 250CFM webber Hightech headers into a 2 and 1/4inch exhaust, a fairly good cam, and i have a borg warner m75 gearbox on it and it runs sweet sounds tuff and goes like a bat out of hell when ya want it too, and when fuels exy ya can get 28 miles per gallon out of her.

VK6CYL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 6CYL 5SP
Thanks for the reply Trav, sounds good :p
Ive now discovered a bolt on supercharger that claims to give 50% perfomance increase :dance: so thats in consideration.
Anyone know what porting / polishing advatages are like on a 202?