Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK oil pressure gauge

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
The needle in the oil pressure gauge in my 5lt vk(and my 5lt vh) flicks straight over to the right hand side stop as soon as i turn the ignition on and stays there even with the engines running. Would this be crook sender units causing this? Any ideas greatly appreciated thanks

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Could be a dodgy sender or it could be an earth leak. I would suggest you check the connections to the gauge from the sender before replacing the sender.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
open circuit on the the oil pressure earth wire will send the gauge hard over to the right.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for your help fellas. Any ideas where the problem may be?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
ON a vk the oil gauge will read full pressure when unplugged from the sensor regardless of whether its touching earth or not.

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
Yep you are right apologize for my bodgey post I just went out and tested mine and sure enough take the wire off and full pressure reading. I will delete my above post if it is still possible to do so.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for all the help fellas but i found the problem. The plug on the harness near the firewall was corroded so i cleaned it up and good as new so thanks again. Cheers Garry

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Yep you are right apologize for my bodgey post I just went out and tested mine and sure enough take the wire off and full pressure reading. I will delete my above post if it is still possible to do so.

Yeh it drove me nuts trying to figure it out as i assumed i had an earth short somewhere after i put in the V6 in but thats all it turned out to be.