Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk project (stringer)!

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
Ok guys I'm finally gonna start doing this conversion. Just thought I'd post a thread and run you through everything I do.

Ok well i bought a full doner car being a vn with a recon v6 pretty sure its a series 1. Was 300 bucks and it runs great etc.

The car its going into is my vk which I converted to an efi 202 not that long ago.

Ok well so far I have drained the coolant and removed the radiator which is pretty straight forward. Be sure to label all the bolts. I use snap lock bags and write on the bags. Next I removed the air filter box add all the connecting pipe. Be sure to prevent dust entering the intake by stufing a rag in the exposed throttle body. I also did the same to the coolant system. Next I removed the aircon pipes at the compessor be sure to degas the air con first. Mine had no gas anyways. Next I went to the computer and unplugged it and pushed the wiring through the firewall. Uncliped a couple sensors and sat the wiring oj top the engine. Next the fuses and wiring over near the battery keeping as much together as possible. Just a few plugs that lead into the fuse box and that's done. Well thats all i did on day one cos i was taking my time. I will be taking photos and running you through everything i do :) hope this helps anyone else who attemps this