Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Seat belt question

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
Hi, does anyone with experience in a range of early Commodore models know if the VR VS front seat belt stalks (or buckle?) will work with the VK tongue? As you know, the VK stalks have that problem where the stiff plastic casing cracks and breaks. The VR VS ones look like the latch part is identical to the VK ones. I don't want to buy a whole new seatbelt set, but if the VR VS ones work, I can buy just the two stalks, as they are a much neater and better design. Thanks

Attachments

• Seat belt stalks.jpg
    Seat belt stalks.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 177

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes, the VK belt clip will work with the VR clip.....Personally I have VS seats and clip in my VC and it works just fine

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
Hey mate, I did say thanks for your answer but I had to see for myself physically. Not sure what stalks or seat belts you have, you may be incorrect or mistaken - I just came back from a wrecker who had some VS stalks and I can tell you they do not work with my VK tongues. They are too narrow, the tongue won't even go in at all. And they are identical to the VS ones for sale on Ebay.

Unless the VC used the same tongue as the VR VS and they changed them sometime after VC and then went back to a narrow one again - who knows... - it is unlikely.

This is an edited post.

Last edited: