Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK SL 202 Manual

P

Pav

Here is my VK Commodore SL 202 4sp Manual, which I picked up for only $700 with 6 months rego.

Here are the specs:
Engine: 202 Carby
Gearbox: 4 speed manual (M21)
Engine mods: None
Tyres: Pirelli P6000s (215/65/R14s)
Interior: Woodgrain steering wheel, Jim Beam seat covers, Gear knob, See pics
Other mods: None

Basically the car has some surface rust, and 2 major rust spots that I'm gonna weld up with the help of a mate, It's gonna get a full respray when I'm gonna do the engine conversion (to 5L efi). I'm gonna use VN suspension + diff and do all this other cool stuff.

img0024ae0.jpg

img0023fm7.jpg

img0020oa8.jpg

If anyone wants the motor and or gearbox, along with the k-frame etc. then give me an offer and I will sell it to them. The gearbox is in fair condition, hasn't been thrashed but has Km's on it. The engine runs, a bit smokey on start up, but when it settles in it is fine.

The interior is for sale too, including door trims, seats, dash, ceiling etc. I need a VL interior if anyone has one.

Last edited by a moderator:

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
i like it mate. one of my mates has one of those so fun to drive with tha 5 speed

P

Pav

fully siiiiiiiick uleh!!
haha more sideways dirt tracking later aye lol
that was pretty fun yesterday
this cars a beast.
u should post up ur new pics of ur fully sick blang chrome Rams yall lol.
VN POWER!!!!!

Wait till we lock the diff uleh, that'd be sick driving a manual with a locker/spool hehe

Btw, we painted the 14" stockies with some chrome paint (blang blang y'all) lying around. The paints coming off a bit cos the wheels we'rent prepped but it doesn't matter cos I'm gonna get some 15s for it anyways.
Here are some pics:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 1,928
Last edited by a moderator:

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
If I owned a VK this is what I would do. Lower, take off the door molds, tinted tail lights with black garnish and a SS BROCK letter box grill. VK's can look tuff. The blue BROCK SS commodore is one of my favourite commodore along with the VL calais Turbo.
commodorepic1gh0.jpg

21706177257022ec5363gf3.jpg

P

Pav

Yes, those are both tuff cars, I love VLs as well. Though the plans for the VK are as such: Dumped, 15" ceptors, Black on silver paint job, NO bodykit (I like the look of stock VK calais sorta thing), Dark tint, Calais taillights, and I like the boot lip and grill from above pics, so will include em too.

As for the drivetrain/suspension etc.
- 3.8L VN/VP motor (Maybe get a SC14 for a bit of fun)
- TH700 (Temporary! I am going to get a T5 later)
- VN front suspension
- VN diff (3.9 spooled) + tailshaft
- King springs all round (Not sure how low)
- Whiteline Rear adjustable sway bar
- VP SII Brakes w/Slotted rotors
- And few more other nifty stuff (VL interior, VN cluster, battery in boot, custom tune...)

That's a temporary conversion which shouldn't cost me much while I save up for a 383 stroker, 9-inch diff, strengthened T5 box, new ignition system etc.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Sounds like good plans. Only thing I hate about VK's is the door molds, stock grill (vk ss grill look tuff as) and the interior including the normal dash, and the calais star wars dash lol.

P

Pav

Well, an SS grill is definately on the cards and I'll be removing the moulds when I give her a respray. As for the interior, I'm not a fan of the digital dash either, and I want to put in a VL dash so I can fit the VN cluster in it.

As for the T5 conversion, I can easily find auto VNs for cheap and I need a car to use soon so when I have the time I'll find a T5 and swap it over, doesn't bother me really. And I'll just keep the VN auto radiator and block off the lines when the manual goes in.

Btw, does anyone know if the stock VN V6 exhaust manifolds will fit in the VK without modifications?