Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk slide lock issue

Brinx07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.0 Series II
i've recently just installed slide locks to my VK front and rear doors. the front locks work ok, however the rear ones once locked, dont allow the door to be opened with both the inner and exterior door handles. you have to manually move the lever on the latch with your finger to disengage the lock to open it again.

is there some sort of trick to setting these up correctly or are the original door locks which had pin locks not compatible with the slide lock itself? could it be a lubrication issue or something like this?

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
I did the same to a vl with vh sle stuff many years ago I can't remember having to do anything fancy but I'd start with cleaning and lubricating the latch mechanism and maybe binding up just enough I'd to work properly

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not sure what you have done wrong, but the pin locks are compatible between the 2 different door lock arrangements.

From memory, the round plastic piece that controls the bars, one had to be turned to accomodate the bar to lock mechanism....Just can't remember why, as I did this conversion about 6 years ago on the current VC