Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Speedo Problems

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
My stupid speedo in my Vk jumps around heaps and when i do say anything above 50 it goes to 200 and stays there or jumps around heaps, definately not accurate, i've checked the speedo drive gear on the gear box, that's fine so not quite sure what the problem is, maybe the guage has gone?

Silver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Calais
Let me know if you can't find a fix 'gone nutz'. I have a VK SL dash unit here taking up valuable garage space. It's yours for a song if you need it.

Paul
[email protected]

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Vk Speedo's are notoriously dodgy...

On the odometer the plastic gears starts to slip on the metal shaft with age...
then suddenly your mileage stays the same no matter how far you drive...

But your problem sounds like the cable is broken or in the process of breaking... been awhile since I had a Vk...

But try taking you cable completely out of the gearbox and remove the other end from the speedo...
Remove the inner cable from the outer to see if its broken in the middle...
The inners ends should be metal shaped in a hex if memory serves me right...

I had problems of this nature on the VK I used to have...I hope that helps :wave:

sixshooter

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
yeah it's metal square end in the middle, i'm going to take it up to the farm and get it in the shed and take the cable off, going to take the dash out and check the connection on that end, as i make a few trips on a gravel road thinking the bumps have loosened it or screwed the dial, thanks silver, i'll check it out and let you know, cheers, alex