Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK SS grp A rep

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR caprice 5ltr, VK group 3 rep 5ltr
Got bored today and went for a cruiz down the beach n took a few pics, not the best quality but ya get that..

WhiteLion85

Cruze sleepR style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS Group 3 Clone
hey dude, nice car bye the way. Im in the process of building a vk ss clone myself. Have you ever thought of doing more to the motor like some porting work or maybe a stroker kit and what seats do you have in there are they shiel's? Cheers and again, Nice car :)

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey dude, nice car bye the way. Im in the process of building a vk ss clone myself. Have you ever thought of doing more to the motor like some porting work or maybe a stroker kit and what seats do you have in there are they shiel's? Cheers and again, Nice car :)

hey, yer looking into the motor work at the moment due to my piston rings being on the way out, looking into a EFI 5ltr block (maybe even the VT roller block) convert it to carby, stick in a 288 solid roller cam, new pistons rods ect and some head work and roller rockers. just working out how much things are goin to cost and how much my budget will alow :bang: but yes definatly looking to make some more power :yeah:

and not 100% sure what brand seats they are as they had been retrimmd wen i bought the car, but i have seen a VL gettin around with simaler seats with MONZA on them? but not realy sure on that one.

WhiteLion85

Cruze sleepR style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS Group 3 Clone
Good choice for the motor, the VN-VT series of engines are well balanced motors, strong and plenty of torque :thumbsup: Some yella terra heads and an eagle stroker kit would definitaly give it some extra legs mate and the 288 solid is a nice choice but you may need to run a 3.9 diff ratio to make it work and to get the most out of the cam.

My project is almost complete and I was told that if i wanted too run the 288 solid cam then I would need to change the diff ratio to 3.9 or run a smaller cam. Costs a bit more but worth the money :yeah:

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i'v got a 3.55 at the moment and have been told that should still be ok with it but yeah im still looking into a few differant things

BradCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP SS rep
yeh bro that K is sweet az...mm i rekon i drove past u like a half dozen times the other weekend down glenelg and semaphore..... hahahaha you must have been as bored as i was that day... i actually took some pics of my car car on the same day.. hmmm was a good day for some happy snaps

Hats off to aimless driving i say

PS those rims look tough on it... treat her well will ya.... she's a gem

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
you was'nt the dude in the white VP calais cruizn the espy down glenelg n semaphore and everythin like last thursday?

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just want to see what peoples opinion of the window tint is? if people think its to dark or not. its only a photoshop job before i get it done.

fatmansvk.jpg