Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Ss

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
hey guys
im looking at a VK SS and i was wondering what the main things i should look for are in regards to a genuine one.

vin numbers, build numbers,engine numbers, ets

thanks

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
www.brockcommodores.com
engine nymbers variy, some have VT prefix some have VC prefix.
I think also these are based on the SL Commodore.
Oh and last only colours for them, Alpine White and Astreoid Silver. The interior colours are only cerulean blue with blue houndstooth cloth insets ;)

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
compare all paperwork.

run it through an encumberance check, most of the time the operators will confirm over the phone if it's engine, vin and rego numbers match up as being a genuine Group 3...

how does it look?

how many klms?

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
190000kms,

the SS was realesed through holden yeah? not HDT? i thought that there were not brock commodores....

it is very neat, and has the original stickers and interior and exterior as described by Sl/E nut.

ive got the vin as BVK034778M
and eng number as VT500509

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
oh, and he says stock number is 1995

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If you dont have much luck on the brock commodores site try Sid at HDT in sydney.

The interiors were based on the VK but with upgraded seats & door trims. Cerulean Blue Velour with Heringbone centres. The front seats are actually Scheel replacement seats.
High rise centre consol was used on the models I have seen, as well as a 3 spoke momo steering wheel. Vacationer/Berlina/Calais front arm rests, I have also seen them with a factory electric aerial.

cheers
Scott

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
Sid at HDT?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
All VK SS was built buy HDT, Sid he runs HDT.

HDTss1697

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VK SS
bigg_vin said:
hey guys
im looking at a VK SS and i was wondering what the main things i should look for are in regards to a genuine one.

vin numbers, build numbers,engine numbers, ets

thanks

I've got one.. You should first check for build no. plate located on passenger side of fire wall. There should be no chrome on the car, door handles should be white, HDT MOMO 3 arm steering wheel with Peter Brock signature horn button. RTS SS badge just above stereo, scheel seats, parcel shelf should have a wave like shape at the back closest to rear window, color Light blue. 4 spd M21 with HDT gear knob, some have optional 5spd. Engine should have a HDT manifold and HDT dizzy. Aircleaner has a sticker with HDT 5.0 litre and brock signature on it, even though the motor is a 4.9ltr

On Compliance plate should read Eng. L31 Trans. M21 Paint No.1J052-D Axle. GU4 and Model. should start with the letters VK8VK19...

Wheels are 15inch Aero's and the body should have SS side skirts, rear wing and a brock nose cone.

You can also check the build no. with engine and body numbers with HDT to confirm if it's genuine.

Hope this helps
Cheers Dan (HDTSS1697)