Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Ss

bigg_vin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
thanks very much, that will definantly help
cheers

vkss69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS
Hi, I'm trying to track the history of this car. Its a long shot, but does anyone know bigg_vin? He hasn't been active for ages and pm box is full.

vkss69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS
Hi, I'm trying to track the history of this car. Its a long shot, but does anyone know bigg_vin? He hasn't been active for ages and pm box is full.
Anyone? 1985 Alpine White Brock SS build #1995. Happy to trade in beer for any information! Any help much appreciated. Thanks guys.

vkss69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS
Anyone? 1985 Alpine White Brock SS build #1995. Happy to trade in beer for any information! Any help much appreciated. Thanks guys.

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT Commodore VK SS Group 3
Sorry Mate, haven't heard of Bigg_Vin.

I would check with the Bertie Street Forum and type the build number into the search function. Also the Brock Commodore Forum as mentioned above. Hope it helps.

Cheers

Last edited:

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS was based on a Berlina, and sent by Holden to HDT where items were fitted and the vehicle fitted with a HDT build plate. As discussed above Silver and white were the only colours, although there have been stories of red and yellow individual cars. Being 30 odd years old quite a few VK SSs have had little mods and/or improvements. Additionally HDT would quite often modify cars as requested by customers, either at point of sale through your participating Holden dealer or afterwards.

There are several checks from HDT. From a basic check to a prestige pack with all HDT correspondence/paper work, including dealer order, build sheets, road test reports etc. (Not always guaranteed that HDT have all the paperwork for all the cars but HDT can advise what they might have.)

The info I have on build #1995 is: Sold by Wallace Holden and was a base model Alpine (white) SS. It arrived at HDT 8/3/85 and left HDT 15/3/85. The vin is J927433. All info from Chris Sewell's Brock Commodore Bible, by Oracle Publications. It is only basic info only but it is start.

Also consider a Brock Car Club such as BCOAA (Brock Commodore Owners Assoc of Aust) or NSW HDT Owners club.

Cheers

Last edited:

vkss69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SS
VK SS was based on a Berlina, and sent by Holden to HDT where items were fitted and the vehicle fitted with a HDT build plate. As discussed above Silver and white were the only colours, although there have been stories of red and yellow individual cars. Being 30 odd years old quite a few VK SSs have had little mods and/or improvements. Additionally HDT would quite often modify cars as requested by customers, either at point of sale through your participating Holden dealer or afterwards.

There are several checks from HDT. From a basic check to a prestige pack with all HDT correspondence/paper work, including dealer order, build sheets, road test reports etc. (Not always guaranteed that HDT have all the paperwork for all the cars but HDT can advise what they might have.)

The info I have on build #1995 is: Sold by Wallace Holden and was a base model Alpine (white) SS. It arrived at HDT 8/3/85 and left HDT 15/3/85. The vin is J927433. All info from Chris Sewell's Brock Commodore Bible, by Oracle Publications. It is only basic info only but it is start.

Also consider a Brock Car Club such as BCOAA (Brock Commodore Owners Assoc of Aust) or NSW HDT Owners club.

Cheers

Thanks connors, top bloke for providing great detail - thanks.
I should've been more specific, I have The Bible and HDT papers, just looking for past owners so I can piece together some history, and by shear luck, possibly someone has the owners handbook - long shot I know, but you never know unless you ask!

Ponza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk GroupA, VF SSV Redline
If you own a HDT and are on Facebook join the HDT owners only page, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on it from Vic who maybe able to help.

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only trouble is it is a hidden group (Won't be able to find it) and you need a friend to recommend you, before one of the admins will approve. But you're right, quite a few knowledgeable guys/gals in the group.

connors

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only trouble is it is a hidden group (Won't be able to find it) and you need a friend to recommend you, before one of the admins will approve. But you're right, quite a few knowledgeable guys/gals in the group.