Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK transmission help?

V

*VK*chick

Ok we are at a complete loss having never had an auto before! Today we drove the car down the street and it wouldn't go up through the gears until it redlined. The roads we drove on were flat, it didn't make a difference how we accelarated, it would kick back ok but it was like it was stuck in gear until it redlined, Reverse was fine. The car is a 5L VK trimatic. Is it possible that the kick back is holding back the gear change or is the gearbox just dead? Any suggestions or ideas???????????

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
check the vacuum line from your intake manifold to the vacuum modulator on the side of your trans... if the line is ok, and there are no leaks or blocks, it sounds like your modulator has packed up... fairly easy to replace tho...

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Yep i would say the vaccum hose has fallen off the modulator on your trans. If the vaccum hose is full of trans fluid the modulator will need to be replaced or your engine will suck the fluid out of your trans.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
sounds like a sticky governor, had a 6cyl tri do eactly what you described, i just went full manual valve body and never looked back. TradeMatics in Moolap (Geelong) build good tough street transmissions at good prices, he'll know how to fix it. They build my v8 trimatic into VK, its tough.