Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK V3 EFI 5L V8 5 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
damn, thats gonna be a pain in the ass to aquire and brilliant needing to take the entire column out to do so.

Might just make a custom joiner up for it instead.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
bah 3 or 5 bolts hold the column in and the others 2 at rack are easy. Took me 10 mins at jolly's to pull one out $21 too cheap as chips. FYI VB-VL the same.intermediate shaft VB-VK manual racks are different to VL. Which is why VL go For a shitload more and are the only ones that fit vn onwards k frames

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
yea u unscrew the one on there and put another one on and then screw the new speedo cable onto that.

The V6 conversion place in moree sells the speedo kit, you unscrew the original speed pulse sensor from the cog part of the sender and the conversion one is an inline speed sensor so their custom sensor screws onto the cog part of your original sensor then their custom speedo cable screws into that. You need it for the computer to get its vehicle speed inputs to help maintain idle when slowing down ect, it will also trigger a CEL without it.

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
your hubcaps are fine :p

and yes i know the engine bay is filthy, i didn't do it :p

thanks for the info about the V6 conversion guys, they are cheaper then CRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.