Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk v6 to a v8

dazz9

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
want to chang my 6cyl to a v8 think i dont wanna go fuel inlected as seems like alot of work
so a 308 and keep it a typical vk v8 but i want a nice moter that has a bit of grunt and tourqe so wat should i be looking for so i got a good engine thats not over priced looking 2 spend 3000.00 hopefully wth gear box also cheers

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
You'd probably won't get much for your money as you have to change the exhaust, gear box/trans and diff to suit, so I'd probably be looking a complete car and sell your car unless yours is special in some way?
And it's most probably a L6 not a V6, good luck with the mods dude.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Well if you already have a V6 then your running EFI so you wont need to run return lines so EFI 5L is the way to go, The V6 wiring from the original Vn to later will be suitable and just plug in your EFI 5L harness into it with the 5L computer. You will need a little exhaust work from headers to your existing exhaust for the V6 so it will have twins into a single already other than that all the hard work has already been done for you so go an EFI 5L engine and box should be about $2500-3k you might run up to $3500 build cost converting over from the V6 but you might get 600-800 for a running V6 and gearbox ready for an engine conversion with computer loom etc.

Having said all that you probably dont even have a V6 but an original straight 6. better buying a semi buggered 5L commodore for $1500-$2k rebuilding the engine and gearbox and transfering the gear over to yours.

Scott

dazz9

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
yeah its a fuel injected red moter 3.3 wat ever it is happy 2 spend mony on gear box and have a v8 diff