Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK-VZ Stereo wiring colours.

GraceSpaceAndPace

Stop Stairing
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman

chayles ark

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman
Doing my stereo soon in a eh statesman so just double checking if the vt vx wiring is the same and it's correct in the first post

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Doing my stereo soon in a eh statesman so just double checking if the vt vx wiring is the same and it's correct in the first post

WH? It's the same.

chayles ark

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh statesman
Hahah stupid spell check yeah wh stato

RKSears

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II S Pack
Hey all! I have a VY Series 2 S Pac Sedan and the owners manual says that all VYs were fitted with a Mobile Phone Connection under the dash on the passanger side? I have had a look around and cant find it, or any sign it has been cut out? I have also looked underneath the plastic(rubber) cover next to the handbrake to see if they had a bluetooth kit installed which was removed prior to my purchasing it, but cannot seem to see it in there either... has anyone got any photos of what I should be looking for?

Also, I will need to buy the holden bluetooth accessories and all that stuff to fit into the car if I end up finding the wires... anyone got any websites or anything(NOT EBAY) where I can buy them(brand new or reco with warranty)? Would be much appreciated! :)

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Might be of reference to someone, some day... my 2003 VY SS had no orange/white wire for constant power. With the help of a test light it ended up been a black/orange wire. All factory loom too, bit weird but thats what it was :)

mjbywater

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman
Hi Does anyone know which wires are for the steering wheel controls for a 2006 VR. IE vol+- channel change. I have an after market double din unit that comes with the iso plug that connects directly to the existing plugs but it also has an additional plug that is tagged for steering controls. I'm wondering what wires i connect these too

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
HA! Just when you all thought I was dead and gone! I strike again to grace you with my presence! Then more than likely leave again lol!

Someone recently asked about VEs...Well, do I have some info for you but I'm not gonna tell you! Because quite simply, several smarty pants people have already listed it up on the JC Forums!
First off, the plug is on the side of the radio (drivers) and we call it a Quadlock. It's very common in many european vehicles (Pretty snazzy for a Commonwhore eh?)

that is the phone kit plug, the other side of this plug will have your brown accessory wire which ou can use to turn on the amplifier.
Here is a diagram of the ve radio quad lock connector and the functions as well the secondary connector for nav , reverse interface.

View attachment 76804

View attachment 76805

Finally, there is one more little nugget of information. Tucked behind the glovebox you will find what we refer to as the "Dealer Option Plug" Basically, anything that a dealer might add, you will find that essential wire in there. It's quite a little goldmine of goodies and I truly wish more car manufacturers did this... See below for the attachment. The second attachment is for the Amplifier Pinout. Now, for the life of me, I do NOT remember which JC member credit goes to for this pinout. If it's you, please stick your hand so A) I can thank you. B) I can give you credit for it in this post.

This is NOT my pinout. I cannot take the credit for it. I can verify that it's 100% correct though.

Peace.
View attachment VE Sub Amp Pinout Schematics.pdf
View attachment 16pin Dealer Options.pdf

destinationtoby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 supercharged
Hey guys
Yesterday I installed a stereo,sub & amp into a vz acclaim
Now the indicators don't work. Hazards don't work. But when locking and unlocking they flash.
So the bulbs are good.
I've checked every fuse twice. Then checked again today.
They are all fine.

It's not a fuse & it's not the bulbs..

What could it be?