Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK-VZ Stereo wiring colours.

TomBRO121

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Holden VY S
Really need help! What colour is the steering wheel control wire in a VY S PAC the previous owner cut off the plug and I'm trying to install a steering wheel adapter thing to make them work with my head unit

Blackops1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
Hey guy question What colour wire in my vz do I hook up to my stereo for the stirring wheel controls?

xr6eta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hi Everyone, haven't asked anything on here in ages but I'm trying to put a new/old Pioneer DEH headunit in the sons VZ crewman. I have attached a photo of the plug that came out of the VZ and it only has 4 solid color wires plus the blue aerial. I have looked at the wiring diagrams in here and the only reference to red is constant +12v output, on the actual wire it is printed 12volt ingnition switched and the yellow wire is for accessory +12v. Diagram says Orange is battery +12v. I'm getting confused between constant +12v output and battery =12v.
The Pioneer plug only has 4 wires coming out of it, a yellow which has a +battery label on it from factory, a red wire which has ACC on it from factory, a blue which has System Remote Control label from factory and the earth. Any help would be appreciated as he is out in his car so I can't test anything at the moment, just confused because the diagrams here have 2 colors in some of the wire sections where mine are all solid as pictured.

Attachments

• VZ Plug.JPG
    VZ Plug.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Hi Everyone, haven't asked anything on here in ages but I'm trying to put a new/old Pioneer DEH headunit in the sons VZ crewman. I have attached a photo of the plug that came out of the VZ and it only has 4 solid color wires plus the blue aerial. I have looked at the wiring diagrams in here and the only reference to red is constant +12v output, on the actual wire it is printed 12volt ingnition switched and the yellow wire is for accessory +12v. Diagram says Orange is battery +12v. I'm getting confused between constant +12v output and battery =12v.
The Pioneer plug only has 4 wires coming out of it, a yellow which has a +battery label on it from factory, a red wire which has ACC on it from factory, a blue which has System Remote Control label from factory and the earth. Any help would be appreciated as he is out in his car so I can't test anything at the moment, just confused because the diagrams here have 2 colors in some of the wire sections where mine are all solid as pictured.
Orange is illumination. On some units it will dim the unit when the lights turn on, or turn the backlight on. Or both. Not all units require it. My touch screen in the wagon for example used it, but the Kenwood in my crewman doesn't.