Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK-VZ Stereo wiring colours.

R

RevHead1313

Wtf!!

Hey guys,

Im having a slight problem with my VS... After pulling out the radio the central locking doesnt work.... the indicators flash like it is working but the locks dont move.

Any info would be appreciated
Cheers, TJ

J

jayderichards

my vk only has 4 wires that come from behind the head unit. I've bought a new stereo head unit and want to put it in but with no luck available.

All l've got there is:
Light Blue
Grey
Black
Green

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
RevHead1313 said:
Hey guys,

Im having a slight problem with my VS... After pulling out the radio the central locking doesnt work.... the indicators flash like it is working but the locks dont move.

Any info would be appreciated
Cheers, TJ

my money's on you blowing a fuse, as the #7 fuse is for the door locks nad the radio. check that you havent crossed any wires, and that none of the wires rub on bare metal if the fuse blows again

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
jayderichards said:
my vk only has 4 wires that come from behind the head unit. I've bought a new stereo head unit and want to put it in but with no luck available.

All l've got there is:
Light Blue
Grey
Black
Green

did the old radio that was in there work??you need a yellow accessories and 12V+ constant to run a new CD player. The acc SHOULD be there, especially if the old radio works. The 12V you have to run yourself from the battery.

If you have no yellow acc wire, you can either just run it to teh same 12V+ constant wire or you'll have to find an accessories wire and splice into that. If it goes to 12V constant, you will have to turn the HU off when you get out of the car, as it wont turn off with the car

_CJ_

CJ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VPS
i have a vx s2 acclaim and i cant seem to get my head unit to remember to stay on the cd function and the song i was playing is forgotten its really annoying and i know the head unit works cause i used it in my vps just wondering what colour wire i need to connect so it will work...
please i love the fact my music works but i hate having to reselect my song every damn time i drive... email me as i cant check this often [email protected] thanks really appreciate it

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
what your problem is is that you probably dont have your 12V constant connected. You need to connect the 12V+ constant (probably the fattest wire on your HU loom) to the orange/white wire in the car

J

jayderichards

yup the old radio did... now it is incapacitated.

I'll grab a multimeter and see what l can do. I'm a total newbie at wiring anything so l would apprechiate any hints and tips.

Thanks again! :)

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
If anyone wants stuff answered, its probably not a good idea to post in this thread, as people dont look at it that much