Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK-VZ Stereo wiring colours.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Just wondering what people can tell me about the wiring for the phone input on the VY with Blaupunkt HU. From what I can gather there's a plug on the passenger side that a kit can be plugged into? What are the wire colours for this plug? I wouldn't mind rewiring my CB so it goes in through the phone plug. Anyone know of any problems with doing this?

yes you can interface a cb with this phone kit plug.
orange - constant 12v
black/green - earth
yellow/black radio mute
blue positive speaker input
blue/black - negative speaker input

you will need to mount toggle switch that will send earth to the yellow/black wire when you want to use cb so the blaupunkt unit will accept a signal from the blue wires. you will have to take your cb unit aprt and get to t two wires from your speaker if your cb does not have a external speaker out put.

Commo Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
83 VH SL Commo and a 91 VN V6 Wagon
he, u don't need to cut the wires, just splice the new wiring harness into the old 1, just incase u have to replace the stock deck if u wana ever sell the car... or strangely, u could hav both the stock and aftermarket deck in the car, but only 1 will work at a time or ul get fuzzy... iuno y people would do that but i have just for kicks b4

Commo Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
The 12V you have to run yourself from the battery.

If you have no yellow acc wire, you can either just run it to teh same 12V+ constant wire or you'll have to find an accessories wire and splice into that. If it goes to 12V constant, you will have to turn the HU off when you get out of the car, as it wont turn off with the car

This does work but is not a good way of doing it at all as it is prone to starting fires (especially in the VKs for sum reason). My frend had his VKs stereo wired this way (ACC and Constant wired directly to the battery with 1 fuse) and on the 1st day of his P's his electrical system caught fire, but lucky he was only goin like 20km/h in on a back street so he could stop and put it out b4 it got bad.

The way iv always donew it in VB's-VL's is to run a new constant to a spare fuse in the fuse box (and if not, splice into a constant wire, but ad a fuse between the deck and the spliced wire), and then run a new acc wire to the radio fuse in the fuse box. that way the power wires are new and are fused, so they have less chance of overheating and shorting

funkman mixatron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
hey i put a post up asking about the wiring colours no w i have a vx 2001 executive series 2 and with the colours that are given already the are extra colours and colours that are meant to be there but aren't so if not to much trouble can any body email me the colours and what there for thanks my email is [email protected]

Commo Fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
does anyone know the subwoofer/amplifier wire colour for a VY Commodore?? the 12V Output wire is antenna power, so it only powers the remote cable when the radio is on. I have found an empty fuse that says Subwoofer (20A)/Amplifier (30A). I think its fuse 24 or 25 on the fuse panel underneath the steering wheel

c0mmodore

Reaction score
Im just hooking up a amplifier in a VY right now, im wondering how they come up with 6 speaker stereo from a 4speaker output ?..

front doors & dash all hooked up as front & rear doors are alone or has the blaspanket got 6 speaker out .. im a tad confused here guys... Unsure what would be the best pairs of wires to use to hook up my line level converter ?...

c0mmodore

Reaction score
Ok I didnt realise they were a split system as such, I will hook the level converter up to the rear output..

Anyone had any good/bad experiances with these jaycar level converters?..

The other thing is, my amp does not say 3channel capiable although it is brigable. will it be ok to run my 6x9's off the first 2 channels then bridge channels 3&4 for the sub.. will that work?

vxsenator

I just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT/VX SENATOR
xaSdwsd daacqwe

vx-tra

I'M HOLDEN ALL OVER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
thanks for the wire colour code guide. it helped me heaps.keep up the good work.