Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Wagz EFI 5L 5spd

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Just bought another VK wagon to put the turbo 253 motor into, but it's doing my head in so decided to let the turbo motor sit for a while, and I'll go on with something else.

I didn't wanna wreck my defected VS stato as it was too nice, so swapped it for a VN 5L 5spd and decided to throw the running gear into the new VK! Never done a EFI 5L conversion b4, but been doing a bit of reading on it and watched a few builds and it seems pretty simple. As we've got most of the gear already, thought we'd give it a crack and throw it 2gether for C4C next month. Hopefully it all goes fine lol.

The new VK wagz.
DSCF7072640x480.jpg

The donor car.
DSCF7085640x480.jpg

Pulled the motor out of the VK last night.
DSCF7131640x480.jpg

DSCF7132640x480.jpg

And 2night done a bit more, now the motor and box in the VN is nearly ready to be pulled out. Well we're dropping the hole front suspension and lifting the body over the top, and will drop the VK into the VN suspension. Just got the kframe bolts to undo and she'll be ready to come off....but gotta go to work so that's it for 2night.

We only spend a few hours a day on it (me bro Brad knocks off at 5pm, I start work at 10pm, so we normally only work on them after he knocks off and b4 I go to work lol) so it isn't gonna happen overnight, but shouldn't take us too long.

Will keep ya's updated.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Im a little lost where your up to with all these VKs!!!!!

So you got the red wagon still?
And the other white wagon as well?
And then this one is the next of many more to come?

Love your work :D

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Haha yeah mate still got the red wagon and the other white wagon. The red wagon is gonna get scrapped coz we really need some room here....well we'll see anyway. We'll still do the turbo motor, got it on the engine frame in the shed and I plan to run it on that until it's running all good, then drop it into a car. The other white wagz (in my sig) is still sitting with a defect. Was gonna try and get the defect off of that and put the new motor in for C4C but it needs alot of work and I don't wanna rush it.

Only really doing this coz we can, and we've never done one b4. We love playing with cars, but when we get sick of one we'll have a break and move on to another haha. This one seems pretty straight forward so I rekon we should get it done in one hit. Altho the motor is a bit dirty so I could chuck a gasket kit thru it...but just gonna leave it until it's done a few k's in the VK then we'll yank it back out again and clean it up. Anyways just woke up and got a few hours up me sleeve so might go try getting the 5L and box out...only a few bolts left to do lol :thumbsup:

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
damn man, this is going on your long list of wagons hahaha
is it just the K frame you need to put the EFI into it?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Yeah mate, we only got 3 lol.

The EFI 5L will bolt up to the original VK kframe, but then we'll have to run aftermarket extractors and probably have clearance issues with the rack (apparently the extractors run to close and harden all the rubber seals). So just swapping the whole lot over so we can use the VN extractors (hopefully should fit) and shouldn't run into many clearance issues!

Here's a few pics from 2night.

DSCF7136640x480.jpg

DSCF7138640x480.jpg

This is me little bro....yeah I was wearing his jacket b4 in the other pic, we don't have 2 the same. :p But yeah welding the frame under so we can roll it.
DSCF7145640x480.jpg

DSCF7148640x480.jpg

Got work in a few hours, then we're going racing 2morrow when I knock off, then will flake it 2morrow arvo and get back into it Monday hopefully!! :thumbsup:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK kframe and suspension gone, bout to drop the VK over the VN front end.
DSCF7172640x480.jpg

Piece of piss, bolted up fine.....so far so good!
DSCF7175640x480.jpg

DSCF7173640x480.jpg

DSCF7179640x480.jpg

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Yeah just another one of my wagon threads lol :p

I need my own section on here I rekon :thumbsup:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Nah....will order some more R&S series plates. Does SNO202 make sense or does that just sound stupid? Suppose to sound like "It's no 202".....but yeah there's not much of a variety to choose from with the R&S plates, and I'm not overly creative lol.