Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk wiper motor tired?

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
My mate has a VK and his wipers screach a bit. He has replaced the blades with 3 different types even right up to expensive teflon ones but the wipers are slow and grippy. I'm just wondering if anyone with a VK has similar problems? I'm not sure whether the wiring needs updating or the wiper motor needs an overhaul. Thanks.

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
if its ***d and your in sa go to u pull it

crazy.vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
It's not stuffed it's just really weak and I'm wondering if it is because of a current drop in the wiring or if you can rebuild the motor.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
you got a multi-meter? if so you can measure the volts to the wiper motor with it engaged. but nay-say to that shite, if the blades screech then they are worn out, if they are new then your screen is prolly pitted. do yourself a favour and grab a buff with a nice gause pad, (i.e. the green stuff you wash dishes with) and run it on slow speed with a really coarse cutting compound. that will hopefully get rid of ull the undulations*in your screen which will make the surface smoother

undulations IS a word, go look it up :p

if you have not got any of that stuff go pay a guy to do it for you.

*edit cos' of beer; yes my blades run slow all the time cos i have a mental voltage problem due to thermo fans/2xelectric fuel pumps/spastic stereo but i doubt yours is the same. you can measure the voltage at the wiper motor, but knowing there isnt enough volts at the engine is only the very beginning of the problem. seeking the answer usually means spending about 300 bucks on new electricals. and adding a relay wont do jack-all. also wiper motors are usually tough as f... so i would look at your glass before your motor.