Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK wiring harness question

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Been chucking the wiring loom into me wagz. I got the loom out of a VK sedan bout 3 months ago. Everything seems alright so far except the connector with the fat wires in it near the fuse box. I don't have the other end which I assume goes to the battery positive and starter motor. Anyone got one they can trace the wires on to tell me where they go? Can't seem to find it on any wiring diagrams.

It's a black connector with a purple clip around it. It has 8 fat wires going into it, 4 red, 2 black, 1 brown and a purple....just need to know where the 8 wires go. If pics are possible that would be great too.

Can anyone help?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Thx mate. Are u sure the purple goes to the starter? I know there's a smaller purple wire which goes to the starter from the ignition via the neutral switch (well I thought it was a small one, will double check 2mo), which is with the other engine bay wires, but the only big purple wire I've found in the rest of the loom goes to the blower motor under the dash, so wasn't gonna connect it. I guess worst it will do is not crank over lol.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
have a look on my site i have diagrams all colour coded

Thx mate but already got that diagram and it doesn't show the right plug. The one I have has 8 wires, the one on that diagram only has 6, and they don't match the plug on my loom. Where did ya get those wiring diagrams from? Are they from the original Holden manual?

bossk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk ls1
hey lads, first time poster,I've got an 1985 vk, originally 6 now with an Ls, battery loom connector has 8 x heavy wires 4x red, 2x black, 1x brown, 1x purple, I no the 4x red constant power, 2x black earth, 1x purple is starter but can anyone tell me what the brown goes to as i don't have the battery side of the plug,