Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK with VL driveline Racecar project

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Gday, I have a 84 VK SL Sedan I am not far from being finished building for dirt circuit racing here in SA, and have a few teething issues just getting everything prim and proper with the steering and brakes before the engine and trans go in.
Basically my question is first and foremost, directed at anyone who has installed a VL K frame, RB30 and VL Auto in a VH or VK, how did you go about linking the steering intermediate shaft up with the VL steering rack? Upon installation, the VK int. shaft is approx 70mm too short, and a quick inspection of my mate's VL had confirmed that.
I then purchased a VL internediate shaft for next to nothing and set about fitting that in the vehicle. All was well, until it collided with the rack pinion spline directly, which in essence left the int. shaft spline slip collar misaligned at the bolt holes. The shaft is about 12-15mm too long.

Is there another model shaft slightly shorter for a fix to this issue or shall i just go ahead and give it the cut and shut that it needs to fit nice?

Attachments

• received_10210918086448120.jpeg
    received_10210918086448120.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 460

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Are you using power steering rack and intermediate as there is a difference between the power and manual steering shafts.