Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk won't go?

VNDUMP"D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hey all

I posted ages ago about my vk that wouldn't start and hadn't had a chance to report back but today I got stuck into trying to fix it and had no luck getting it to start but I'm stumped I've tried

Checking fuel pump
Checking fuel is getting up to injecter tube
Checking spark

Still nothing it kinda gives a cough every now n then but won't start what do u all think??

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
is your timing out? did you check for spark at the plugs not the coil or somewhere else, does the dizzy turn when you crank over the motor ie broken timing gear or dizzy cog, do you have water in your fuel tank, are your injectors ok , and is your computer ok as i assume youve got efi another thing is if you have a killswitch, is it faulty thats brought me undone before, theres a few things i can think of to check.

VNDUMP"D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
I checked the plugs for spark n they were fine I used a fuel drum instead of the tank even tried a different fuel pump the dizzy cap turns when you wind it over I'll check the timming how do I check the injectors?? And how do I check the computer is ok??

I don't think it's got a kill switch

fullysick33

fullysick
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calis / VZ berlina
well if you had a kill switch there would be no spark will be timing and spark