Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mattVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Doing a vt 304 & getrag conversion into my vl and before i drop the new engine in want to rap my head around the wiring.

What do I rip out of the vl and what mew ecu/bcm/wiring do I need to put in

Any info or diagrams would be great, cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You should only need the 5L ECU/loom with a no-VATS memcal. The1 or Delcowizzid can do this for you via mail or head over to the PCM hacking forums.

mattVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
You should only need the 5L ECU/loom with a no-VATS memcal. The1 or Delcowizzid can do this for you via mail or head over to the PCM hacking forums.

What is a no-VATS memcal sorry?
From my understanding it is the ecu immobiliser/ security?

And do you have any links for those two^?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
VATS = Vehicle Ant-Theft System thus no revolving codes via a key head used within the ECU.

AJ8001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
Doing a vt 304 & getrag conversion into my vl and before i drop the new engine in want to rap my head around the wiring.

What do I rip out of the vl and what mew ecu/bcm/wiring do I need to put in

Any info or diagrams would be great, cheers
Hi Matt, I know you posted this a long time ago but came across it trawling for info. I want to put a 304 from a VT clubsport in my VL and have been told different things regarding what engine loom/ecu to use (they are transmission specific apparently). Any chance you could let me know what you did regarding the wiring and what donor car did you use for all the structural parts (if any) like k-frame, engine mounts, tailshaft, radiator etc

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi Matt, I know you posted this a long time ago but came across it trawling for info. I want to put a 304 from a VT clubsport in my VL and have been told different things regarding what engine loom/ecu to use (they are transmission specific apparently). Any chance you could let me know what you did regarding the wiring and what donor car did you use for all the structural parts (if any) like k-frame, engine mounts, tailshaft, radiator etc

Sure was a while a go...He hasn't been on since July 21 2019...