Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
id love to but car is to low and it used to rub really bad. There going on the wagon now. they will eventually go back on the berlina when i have the cash to get low profile tyres.

so what you got on them now?? still the hubbys??

Proff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Executive 86
very nice man, how much was it for the full bumper set?

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Keen to sell it now gonna be sad to go and ill regret it because how clean and original it is.... Looking for 3.5k with t3 turbo and turbo manifold, dump pipes etc with 6 months rego. Not sure on Kms as it stopped on 112,000 3 years ago... Id say around 160-180,000ks

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bit of an update. The wagons long gone so im sticking with this now. Just purchesed oil drain fitting for the block and oil drain fitting for the turbo. Still need intercooler kit (will have $$$$ after christmas :D) and exhaust manifold gasket and dump pipe gasket. So should be boosting around mid january. Also getting a new camera for chissy so heaps of pics soon.... Its not gnna go as hard as my wagon but will be heaps more snappy because it will be high comp. Car is living in a garage again :) I put the calais ass back on but replaced the calais badge with a berlina badge

Still needs a new boot mould and left hand rear quarter crome trim

picture019g.jpg

picture020al.jpg

Thats the last of the phone pics untill chrissy

Last edited:

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok wagon was found earlier this week but 95% of the car was stripped. Only thing i got off was the oil drain what screws into the block. Also got a new camera for chrissy

Just purchased VL calais boot mould and eyebrows (gonna look sick with the silver turbo badge on the calais boot mould) Next week i should have an intercooler and piping kit. Not getting the gktech kit as they wont have stock untill 6-8 weeks im just getting 600x300 cooler and piping off good old ebay. When i had my wagon i was quoted $700 for a high flow cat and 3" mandrel bend exhaust so will be going down that path once the turbo is all bolted up.

Pics next week when i put the calais moulds on

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update. Relined up the rear bumper. I reversed into a 4x4 ages ago and couldnt be ****ed lining up the right hand side. Was surprisingly easy and looks a **** load better now haha
dsc00080sh.jpg

*Calais moulds should be here soon
*Have a set of vt ss 17" with whitewalls lined up for $200
*Purchasing intercooler kit today or tonight just waiting for bank check to clear

So i should have the kit by friday and will start bolting on intercoler and turbo gear next monday and tuesday. Just gonna run N/A ecu and injectors for the time being as i have no idea what condition my vlt ecu or vlt injectors are in.. they have been sitting in the shed for years.