Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Hahahaha about the colours... Well I had put pics of my car on calaisturbo and the second owner of this car (the one who sprayed it) stumbled across the pictures and made contact with me. The car was painted a candy pinky red colour. He told me that he took the doors off when spraying it when your supposed to leave them on when painting a car a candy colour. So the car doors were a darker colour to the body or something like that. So they made it the maroon colour and it has red glitter all through it when its in the sun. But in general it always looks a different colour depending on the light lol.

And nope, I wont sell it :p. This car took me 12 months to find and its in very good condition. It will eventually be turbo.

Last edited:

Kruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dumped IRS VS Acclaim 3.8, VR Stato Caprice 5.0
hey man are you after some more parts for your vl i got a complete one im gettin rid of if interested

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
it looks realy good for a home done paint job by the looks of it!! must have had alot of spraying knowledge

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
looks clean in the pics very ver shinny =]

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
haha damnn i need o give mine a realy good polish to get the swirl marks out. or i might just pay someone to do it profesh lol

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
6 or 8? at 12L im guessing v8 maybe?

Nice paint though, top job. And the shed is cool :)

aZk.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nahh only RB30e. But will be RB30ET in a month or two... just have to get intercooler, vlt computer and vlt injectors.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car will be looking different soon. I have just purchased calais garnish, calais tail lights, calais front flip up lights and calais door trims... Also have vlt injectors now just need cooler and ecu but I am poor atm so I dont know when it will happen.