Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

vt_ss_5l

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Gen III
Lovin the colour as for The runs in the paint if in the clearcoat just block them out with 1500 wet/dry then Buff back the shine Easy as that Then it will Look Awesome !

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Yeh my mate is a sprayer, hes spraying my calais front end for me. Ill get him to take them out soon. Still, its not bad for a backyard job.

sheepz89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 Holden VY II SS
god bless back yardies ;)

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
And now a pic with calais tail lights and garnish... still need calais boot mold and eyebrows

Have just purchased VL CALAIS side skirts and VL CALAIS interior hood lining. I'm going to have to raise the suspension or I wont be able to get up my driveway with the side skirts on the car.

I am now considering buying a **** box 4 cylinder as a daily and fully convert the whole VL to calais from interior to exterior without cruise control because cruise control is for lazy people/old people, and who want cruise control in a old dangerous powerful car? It just takes the fun out of it. Another reason for buying a daily is because this car is soon going to be turbo and I am not legally allowed to drive turbos because of the lame P plate laws. So Im going to drop a few grand into the motor and and hoping for around 200-300rwkw when I'm finished :D It will make a good cruiser.... Its my baby and I'm not getting rid of it unless it gets stolen.

Last edited:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Man your paint is MINT!!!

Looks awesome when the sun hits it!

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahahah yeh thanks man. The first 3 pics are good examples of the REAL colour and paint of my car (you can finally see the red sparkles http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/746750-post24.html). My camera is real **** quality and makes my car look an ugly brown in the majority of the pictures in this thread . I wouldn't mind getting the paint detailed, professionally buffed and polished and get some professional photos taken of the car.

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
really nice vl mate, good building blocks for the turbo...

Have you got any rust around the front window? my brothers 1 has it bad and it requires $1800 worth of work... o wells...

love the calais rears... makes the diff...

Cant wait to see the finished product

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah its 100% rust free :). The second owner of this car (the bloke who sprayed it) saw pictures of it over on calaisturbo and got in contact with me. I now know the cars past :).

He bought it off a old lady in sydney who bought it brand new in 1988 with only around 100,000km's.
leceb3df16aac177e768ca2lz6.jpg\

He payed $3700. It started life as an auto but the auto transmission began to slip so he converted it to a manual. He then sprayed it. He removed the front windscreen and said there was only very little rust, so he cut it out and welded it up. The boot channel is 100% rust free. I would say the car has lived in a garage its whole life. And I usually have it in my garage most of the time.

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
looks mint man i love it. are those 17's or 18's?