Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Yeh they make fakes what are designed for vb-vz.
HOLDEN COMMODORE VE GTS STYLE WHEELS 19 INCH VB-VZ X4 - eBay Other Wheels, Tyres, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 20-Apr-08 23:21:59 AEST)
But I wont be getting new rims for along time. Turbo charged and everything calais comes first. Still need around 1k to have it turbo charged and running good. That included GKTECH no holes intercooler kit $600, VLT ecu $100-150 and then dyno tuned... And rego is due in may :( so im trying not to spend money.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
All pics have now been edited :) No more number plates :). Car will be turbo very soon, I now have everything except for the intercooler and basic gaskets... Even picked up a boost gauge the other day. I am also not putting calais interior in it. Its going to cost too much money and I'm saving for a holiday to bali. So Ive got blue calais door trims and hood lining for sale if anyones interested.

Last edited:

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Everything is just the standard VL turbo setup. So the turbo is the standard Garret t03. But my motor is a N/A so that means more compression :D Running 7 pound of boost will be like running 10 pound of boost in a VL turbo motor.... Im going to drive it around on stock boost for awhile which is 6-7 pound and then probably boost it to 9-10 pound when I get my gearbox sorted out.

Last edited:
P

Pav

The calais front will make this into one awesome looking VL.
Unlucky about the P-Plate laws eh, you should move to WA lol, at least now it'll give you a chance to save on fuel and collect up all the money and then chuck it in the motor in one go.

berlina_54

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
paint looks unreal nice car mate