Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
nahhh need intercooler lol. Now selling calais tail lights, calais garnish, calais door trims and calais roof lining.... Keeping the calais pop up lights and side skirts.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
ohhhh yehhhh. I was pretty surprised and happy when my VL was pulling away from my mates VR auto the other day... Thought I would have got smoked.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
All pics now on 1st page. The VLs been neglected in the past month or two. Ive got no money to spend on it and it hasn't been washed for 2 months. I got a nice pic of it today with morning due and sunlight shining on it (see 1st page, its the big pic down the bottom).
Im thinking about selling it and upgrading..... To a VL CALAIS or VL CALAIS turbo.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its been 6 months, probably been washed twice and not 1 single thing has changed on this car besides the gearbox blowing up a couple of months ago. I have finally found an apprenticeship and can now start wasting money on this car. In the next month I will have the inter cooler and will should have it turbocharged within 1 to 2 months. Im going to purchase another RB30 s11 block and build it to handle hp and will eventually put that in when the high comp motor blows. After that Ill be working on the suspension. All 4 tyres are bald and have been for the past year so ill be getting new rims, probably monaro cv8r 18" or VE gts. Oh and The horn hasnt been connected for the past 3 years so ill look into getting that fixed lol. I gave her a wash today and took a couple of pics. Its finally the start of the beginning lol.

Im taking the calais rear end off and selling it as well as the calais flip up lights. But im going to use the calais side skirts and calais lower door moulds. Im going to badge it as a Berlina turbo :)

64481061zz4.jpg

42091333dx8.jpg

92035555xj2.jpg

dsc00172pq4.jpg

15770530ga9.jpg

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
****kkkk ust seen that my front tyres have the cotten or wire showing around the sides of both tyres.... Sooooo CV8R 18" are coming next week. Till then stockies on the front.
91d0_1.JPG

Anyone wanna buy vy ss 17" for $200?

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yehhh I know it looks good with the calais ass but yehhh I want to badge it as a Berlina turbo. In real life it used to look tuff with the berlina ass.